Monmouth County homeowners love the rustic, traditional look of pine floors. Here at Floor Coverings International Monmouth County, we help families find the perfect pine flooring for their homes. Pine is a beautiful, low-maintenance wood, but it’s not for everyone. Read on for more information about pine, and see if it’s right for your Monmouth County home.
A Wood, But Not a Hardwood
Pine is a wood. After all, it comes from a tree just like oak, maple, and hickory. However, it is not considered a hardwood. The difference between hardwood and softwood has nothing to do with the strength or density of the wood—although there is a correlation—but rather its biological classification. Hardwoods are angiosperm trees, which means they are “flowering trees” and carry their seeds in a fruit. Softwood comes from gymnosperms. These trees have no flowers or fruits; rather, their seeds reside in cones.
Strength and Durability
As a soft wood, pine is less durable than your typical hardwood flooring species: white oak, maple, walnut, and similar. With a Janka hardness rating ranging from 700–900, pine requires extra care. It may not be the best choice for homes with children or pets. However, a little extra caution is a small price to pay for these gorgeous, authentic floors.
With minimal maintenance, your pine floors can last for generations. Simply keep them free from dust and debris by lightly sweeping or vacuuming at least once per week. Felt furniture pads are a must with pine, as well as rugs in high-traffic parts of the home.
To learn more about pine’s rustic beauty, as well as see it for your self, give us a call today. Your local flooring experts at Floor Coverings International Monmouth County proudly provide quality products and service to the greater Monmouth and Ocean County area. Find your dream floors.
You May Also Enjoy:
- Ash Hardwood Flooring in Monmouth County
- Brazilian Cherry Hardwood Flooring in Manalapan, NJ
- Brazilian Teak Hardwood in Monmouth County
- Cherry Hardwood Flooring in Greensboro
- Hand Scraped Hardwood Flooring in Monmouth County
- Hickory Hardwood Flooring in Monmouth County
- Oak Hardwood Flooring in Monmouth County
- Parquet Wood Flooring in Monmouth & Ocean County
- Plank Hardwood Flooring in Monmouth County
- Red Oak Hardwood Flooring in Monmouth County
- Solid Hardwood Flooring in Monmouth County
- White Oak Hardwood Flooring in Monmouth County