Solid hardwood has long been the most popular flooring option in the greater Monmouth and Ocean County area. To anyone familiar with the many benefits of solid hardwood, this should come as no surprise. At Floor Coverings International Monmouth County, we help families choose the right type of flooring for their homes. Here is some more information about solid hardwood.
What is Solid Hardwood?
There are two techniques for manufacturing hardwood flooring: solid and engineered. Solid hardwood is what it sounds like: a piece of wood that was cut from a tree. Engineered hardwood is made from the same tree as solid hardwood, but is is comprised of many layers of wood. Its hardwood veneer is adhered to a base layer made from composite wood. This yields the advantage of increased durability, affordability, and sustainability. Engineered hardwood flooring is a recent phenomena and is growing in popularity.
Why Solid Hardwood?
Despite the numerous advantages of engineered hardwood, many Monmouth County homeowners still opt for traditional solid hardwood floors—and for good reason. Here are some of the benefits of solid hardwood:
- Longevity: solid hardwood flooring lasts longer than engineered hardwood because it can be refinished more times. Whereas engineered hardwood can be sanded down once or twice during its life, solid hardwood floors can be refinished up to ten times.
- Strength: when it comes to hardness and durability, solid hardwood is the winner. This hardy flooring material stands the test of time, making it a great investment for Monmouth County homeowners.
At Floor Coverings International Monmouth County, we carry hundreds of solid hardwood flooring options, from red oak to hickory. We deliver flooring samples to your home, so you can compare and contrast options from the comfort of your couch. Call to schedule your free, in-home consultation and find the floors of your dreams today!
You Might Also Enjoy:
- Brazilian Cherry Hardwood Flooring in Manalapan, NJ
- Hand Scraped Hardwood Flooring in Monmouth County
- Oak Hardwood Flooring in Monmouth County
- Parquet Wood Flooring in Monmouth & Ocean County
- Plank Hardwood Flooring in Monmouth County
- Red Oak Hardwood Flooring in Monmouth County
- White Oak Hardwood Flooring in Monmouth County
Photo © Artazum